With more than 300 biotech companies in Southern California, graduates with an understanding of science and technology from a business perspective greatly enhance their career prospects in this competitive market.
The UC Irvine Master of Science in Biotechnology Management program offers courses from three highly reputed schools at UC Irvine: The Paul Merage School of Business, the School of Biological Sciences, and The Henry Samueli School of Engineering.
- Take graduate-level management courses with MBA students taught by a globally renowned business faculty
- Specialize within the field of biotechnology and interact with MS and PhD students
- Perform independent research in the laboratories of world class scientists
- Work closely with a dedicated Career Services professional who guides in the process of landing an internship and permanent position
- Participate in a multitude of extracurricular activities and competitions
Companies That Have Hired Our Students For Full-Time Positions or Interships
COPE Health Solutions
Johnson & Johnson
Roche Molecular Systems
Thermo Fisher Scientific
The recommended deadline for fall applications is January 15. After that date, completed applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis, meaning they are evaluated as they are received. Additional target deadlines to assist you in your application submission are March 15 and June 1.
|Average GRE Quant||67%||62%||85%|
|Average GRE Verbal||64%||40%||62%|
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test is not required for any student whose undergraduate GPA is 3.2 or higher, but can be submitted if desired. Students whose undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.2 must submit official GRE scores.
Class of 2016 & 2017
|Permanent US Work Authorization||Non-Permanent US Work Authorization|
|Mean||$56, 200||$61, 200|
100% of the Class of 2016 landed jobs by six-months after graduation with 100% reporting starting salaries.
* As of 9/27/2017, 46% of the 2017 Class have landed jobs; final data will be available on 12/31/2017.
The amounts shown represent the tuition for the 2017 – 2018 academic school year and may be subject to change.